Fellow Colorado Veterans
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
For the Creation of a New Veterans Cash Lottery Ticket!
A new source of funding for:
Employment Counseling for Veterans transitioning to Civilian Life
- Young Veterans face unemployment rates four times greater than civilians.
Mental health and suicide prevention including PTSD and TBI
Temporary housing assistance for Veterans transitioning to Civilian Life
- Eighteen Veterans commit suicide EVERY DAY.
- Veterans Homelessness rates far exceed civilians.
With the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan winding down and the planned downsizing of the military more veterans are returning from extended deployments and facing hardships as they transition to civilian life.|
The State of Colorado ranks 47th in funding services for its Veterans!
Veterans Cash Lottery will be an entirely new lottery game.
- There is no room in the Colorado Budget to take care of the needs of the Veterans.
- This follows the model of other states under large budget pressures have used to help meet the needs of their veterans, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois, West Virginia, Rhode Island and many others.
- It will not change the existing lottery net proceeds formula
- Your State Senators and Representatives must approve this Concurrent Resolution to allow Colorado Voters to approve this funding resource for Colorado Veterans.
- Funding from this Veterans Cash Lottery can only be used for Veterans Programs and for no other purpose.
- We Need Your Help to get this measure before the voters of Colorado in November 2012.
- The men and women who have stood in defense of our nation in hostile lands, on multiple deployments, away from their families, are depending on us.
Contact you State Senators and Representatives and ask them to support and vote for this Concurrent Resolution.
Please do it today!
The draft Resolution Is Here
Letter to the Legislators
YOUR Colorado General Assembly Legislators